Original post follows…
Simplify Multiple F-Curves is a Blender addon that performs keyframe decimation over a selection of F-Curves over the time-window of your choice: it reduces the number of keyframes and ensures that their remaining control points are temporally aligned. Having the control points aligned on a few time marks simplifies the later manual edit of the animation. This script is particularly useful for cleaning up animation curves that have been recorded with consumer-range capture/tracking solutions.
This addon lets you:
- Set the number of desired keyframes after simplification
- Set the acceptable error between the original curves and the simplified curves
- Computed keyframes are ALL temporally aligned across the curves
- Curve selection
- Time-window selection
The following pictures show the result of simplifying three curves, each one composed of 15 keyframes (top). Note that the resulting 10 keyframes are temporally aligned (below) .
Download the latest version: SimplifyMultipleFCurves-v1_1.py.
Simplify Multiple F-Curves has been developed by Fabrizio Nunnari, in collaboration with Alexis Heloir for the Sign Language Synthesis and Interaction research group at DFKI / MMCI, Saarbrücken, Germany.
The addon implementation has been inspired and contains some code from two existing addons:
- The Simplify curves addon: http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Extensions:2.6/Py/Scripts/Curve/Curve_Simplify
- The “Samples to Bezier” tool of the Motion Capture addon: http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Extensions:2.6/Py/Scripts/Animation/Motion_Capture_Tools